Editorial Board and Program Committees
- CIRN 2013 – Community Informatics Research Network Conference, 13-15 October 2013, Monash University Centre, Prato, Italy. Conference Administration.
- ECIS 2018 – European Conference on Information Systems, 23-28 June 2018, Portsmouth, UK. ICT4D Track Chair.
- ICTDX 2019 – International Conference of Information and Communication Technologies and Development, Ahmedabad, India.
- UXcon 2009 – First User Experience Conference, 3 December 2009, Lugano, Switzerland. Conference Administration.
National Science Foundations
- South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF).
- The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries (EJISDC)
- Information Processing and Management.
- The Journal of Information Technology for Development Journal (ITD).
- Information Technologies & International Development journal (ITID).
- Semiotica, Journal of the International Association for Semiotic Studies.
- Revista Fronteras – Journal of Universidad de la Frontera de Chile.
- Library and Information Science Research journal (LIBINF).
- CHI – ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- CIRN – Community Informatics Research Network Conference, Monash University.
- EC-TEL – European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning.
- ICTD – International Conference of Information and Communication Technologies and Development.
- IDIA – International Development Informatics Association Conference, Monash University.
- SIGlobDev – Special Interest Group on ICT and Global Development Conference.
Local Research Funds
- University of Washington Royalty Research Fund (RRF).
- Study Abroad, UW Faculty of Communication
- Core courses issues, UW Integrated Social Sciences program
- Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network, NGO, Seattle, WA (USA)
2017 – present
The Network is a Coalition of Immigrant and Refugee Rights organizations and individuals that strive to protect, serve and strengthen support capacity and resources to build power and a united voice in Washington.
- Casa Latina, NGO, Seattle, WA (USA)
2015 – 2016
Casa Latina is a NGO that works with Hispanic migrants daily laborers in Seattle (http://casa-latina.org). Within the activities aimed to improve migrants’ conditions and competitiveness on the market, Casa Latina organizes computer courses for its members. I am involved in teaching activities in computer and mobile technologies (cell phones and tablets) classes and technologies open labs.
- AGESCI, Bologna 18 Group, Bologna (Italy)
2003 – 2009
AGESCI is the most widespread Italian Girls and Boys Scout Association, recognized by the International Movements WOSM (World Organization of the Scout Movement) and WAGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts). I have been leader of the Cubs troop, of Scout troop, and of the Leaders’ Community of the group, dealing with informal education of children and young people. I have attended the two major training camps (Methodological and Associative Camps), and I received the Gilwell and Wood Badge award.
- GEDES, NGO, Temuco (Chile)
Mar. 2005 – Jun. 2005
Interviews and focus groups with Mapuche indigenous families, work on the production of a short digital film to help attract new sources of aid.
- L’Albero di Cirene, Charity, Bologna (Italy)
2003 – 2006
Within a spontaneous initiative that was born among a group of University students, I have been organizing parties and events to raise funds for the Charity. The Charity works with immigrants living in Bologna, and in international cooperation initiatives in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Radio Nettuno Onda Libera, Bologna (Italy)
After participating to a radio course, I was shortlisted for the production of a program for young people of the city. As an outcome, I took part to the production and presentation of the program, in a team of 4.